as is used in some of the commands here.
"https://i.imgur.com/5im3AQH.png";

e.g. in my cae it would be
controller  63 1 1
which would set the first patch.

Does this look right ??

Ok I know exactly what to send to the motif and can send either hex commands or decimal (MSB,LSB,Number) What I just cannot figure out is how to enter (MSB,LSB,Number) at the start of a track so that it is sent. I t can send these commands on waht rosegarden on the same midi connection. There is no need to use the other midi connections.

So if someone can point me to how to enter this on a track in Rosegarden, i should be done. I just cannot find the midi track functionality by right clicking on the track you are all describing.

On 2020-08-03 15:52, Will Godfrey wrote:
In Rosegarden you can embed any MIDI controller into any segment of any track.

The most precise way to do this is using the Event editor, where you can set the controller number, it's value and its time within the segment (doesn't have to be at the start). Whenever such a segment is seen by the playing cursor,
it's commands will be actioned.

Bear in mind the majority of Controllers are channel specific, so if you have several tracks that are active all pointing to the same channel, then all
controls will be sent in order if the timeline reaches them.

If you start playing part way through, then the embedded controllers *before*
that point won't be seen.