Peter,

> I have seen the RT-Extension-MandatorySubject plugin and this is great for
> opening tickets via the web interface.  However, my company opens at least
> 90% of its tickets via email.  Is there anything out that can enforce
> mandatory subjects on tickets opened via email?

How would you do that? Sending a bounce back? -- which is not convenient?
What you can do is write a scrip on create to look for empty subject and then
insert one based on whatever criteria you want, eg requestor / sender email
address or the first line of the content etc ..

Regards;
Roy

RT Training in Washington DC, USA on Oct 25 & 26 2010
Last one this year -- Learn how to get the most out of RT!