On Aug 26, 2009, at 11:12 PM, Tom Copeland wrote:

On Aug 26, 2009, at 10:27 PM, Nick Quaranto wrote:

So I'm trying out: http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/calc5.html

14mb/day, is less than 1GB a month. For S3 that's less than $1/ month just for data transfer out, and a little more with CloudFront. It doesn't seem
like this would be a problem unless if we were in the range of
terabytes/month. As for hosting files on Gemcutter, I'm open to that if that's what is necessary for the transition. 80 mb/day is still a trivial
amount for S3 or CloudFront to host, cost-wise.

Oh, one more thing - serving up the gem indexes (yaml, Marshal.4.8, Marshal.4.8.Z, etc) also accounts for 100 MB or so a day. The yaml file is about 60MB of that. Anyhow, it's still a pretty small amount S3-wise...

Yours,

tom