Hello Stephen.

Stephen Isard wrote in
 <27742-1678839459-662...@sneakemail.com>:
 |On Tue, 14 Mar 2023, Steffen Nurpmeso steffen-at-sdaoden.eu |s-nail| wrote:
 |> Is anybody using the oauth-helper.py with Microsoft?
 |
 |Sorry for the delay in responding.  I'm using oauth with Microsoft, but

All on my side.  Thanks for answering.

 |after you taught me enough to make it work with the mutt oauth script
 |mutt_oauth2.py, I never converted to your (much superior) script,
 |because I had a working setup and didn't want to disturb it.

Like the ballad of John and Yoko, another Apple Records
production.  Sigh.

 |My account definition includes the lines
 |set mta=submission://smtp.office365.com
 |set smtp-auth=oauthbearer
 |and I can send mail.

So i would assume you are using that "department tenant" and
client ID like you did last September, and not the "s-mailx"
"application"?

I would then conclude that during some work they "did
something" on all those dumb / gratis / few users / petty Azure
applications like "s-mailx" without even notifying their owners.
IMAP login and anything works, SMTP does not.

Thanks.
And Ciao!

--steffen