Hello Stephen.

Stephen Isard wrote in
 <14350-1678979414-364...@sneakemail.com>:
 |On Thu, 16 Mar 2023, Steffen Nurpmeso steffen-at-sdaoden.eu |s-nail| wrote:
 |> (The instructions are included in oauth-helper.py via action=manual
 |> provider=Microsoft.  And oh i see -- this should not be enabled by
 |> default, maybe someone misused that ID for bad things, and now
 |> Microsoft has disabled?  But .. i can login via IMAP, POP3
 |> protocols does not exist anyhow, and SMTP is rejected with
 |> unauthorized.)
 |
 |On the remote machine that I am testing with, I have to set 'from' to my
 |login name at the organization.  If I set it to my email address at the
 |organization, which is different, I get an error message.  Could that be
 |the same problem that you are having?

No.  IMAP is ok

  s-nail: >>> SERVER: T2 OK AUTHENTICATE completed.

POP3 is non-existent

  s-nail: >>> SERVER: -ERR Protocol error. Connection is closed. 10

SMTP cannot be used

  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful
[FR2P281CA0126.DEUP281.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM 2023-03-16T21:53:47.593Z
08DB25FCA979DAD0]

regardless of with smtp-from (development branch), hostname, or
not.  from is n...@outlook.com, that is needed of course for From:
header?

  From: fozzi-b...@outlook.com
  s-nail: >>> MAIL FROM:<fozzi-b...@outlook.com> BODY=7BIT

smtp-from came in so that it is not @outlook....@outlook.com.
Well i mean i just retried once more with Yandex (IMAP, SMTP) and
Gmail (IMAP, POP3, SMTP), and all that works just fine.

And i really have changed nothing since September when it worked
flawlessly.  And refreshing the token updates the scope= like

  scope=https://outlook.office.com/IMAP.AccessAsUser.All
https://outlook.office.com/POP.AccessAsUser.All
https://outlook.office.com/SMTP.Send

(we save it 1:1 just as we get it back from Microsoft).
So if oauth-helper.py works for you (i just pushed a fix for
the new --automatic ;() then i presume it is the tenant=.
By the way the portal.azure.com "API permissions" screen shows
"No" for "Admin consent required" for all permissions of s-mailx?

Such a mess!
I cannot help it -- if it works for you, then .. maybe i should
recreate the application?  But then again, i am sick of it.
May Microsoft mess in peace for now.

Thanks, Stephen.

--steffen