On Thu, 16 Mar 2023, Steffen Nurpmeso steffen-at-sdaoden.eu |s-nail| wrote:

(The instructions are included in oauth-helper.py via action=manual
provider=Microsoft.  And oh i see -- this should not be enabled by
default, maybe someone misused that ID for bad things, and now
Microsoft has disabled?  But .. i can login via IMAP, POP3
protocols does not exist anyhow, and SMTP is rejected with
unauthorized.)

On the remote machine that I am testing with, I have to set 'from' to my login name at the organization. If I set it to my email address at the organization, which is different, I get an error message. Could that be the same problem that you are having?

Stephen Isard