On Wed, 15 Mar 2023, Steffen Nurpmeso steffen-at-sdaoden.eu |s-nail| wrote:

So i would assume you are using that "department tenant" and
client ID like you did last September, and not the "s-mailx"
"application"?

I am using the client id that I set up for myself, following the instructions that you pointed me at. I think that they were from the mutt website. I believe that you were able to connect using that client id as well. I have just tried
/s-nail-oauth-helper.py -a authorize -p Microsoft -R resourcefile
where resourcefile came from running
s-nail-oauth-helper.py -p Microsoft -a template -R resourcefile

This was on a machine that I was logged in on remotely via ssh, so I changed flow from redirect to devicecode. Everything went ok until I was asked to log in to my organization's website. When I did that, I was told that s-nail was not trusted and I would need permission from some higher authority. I don't get that if I use my own client id instead of the one that s-nail-oauth-helper.py puts into the resourcefile.

Stephen Isard