David Roe schrieb am Mittwoch, 14. September 2022 um 07:39:26 UTC+2:

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 6:36 PM Dima Pasechnik <dim...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, 13 Sep 2022, 23:03 Matthias Koeppe, <matthia...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Excuse me, Thierry, your accusations about others being aggressive &
>>> likening anything here to war is highly inappropriate.
>>>

>> I repeat: we need no formal voting on this issue whatsoever - because
>> trac is a long-standing liability, i.e. a bug that must be fixed, and we
>> don't do voting on whether a bug is to be fixed, we go and fix it.
>> No, no truce, no quarter to bugs, sorry.
>>

> I disagree on whether we need a vote, obviously.  I think it's very
> important for the whole community to be involved in discussing and agreeing
> to a change as major as switching from trac to git**b.  My hope (and
> expectation) is that the benefits of the switch will be sufficiently
> apparent that we'll get buy-in from a solid majority of developers.  And
> the giving time for that discussion and making an effort to convince people
> is likely to improve our eventual setup, to the benefit of Sage.
>
> That being said, I don't think we should wait a month, as Thierry has
> suggested.  I'm sympathetic to not having time to contribute to the switch
> right now, which is why I've proposed a summary of pros and cons to be
> included in the voting email.  Thierry, if you have more time in a couple
> months, I'm sure that there will still be infrastructure improvements to be
> made.

Can we find a compromise in the middle, for example 2 weeks after
announcement? BTW: Is there a way to use the notification email addresses
of Track to broadcast the announcement?

> As far as *my* mental health is concerned, I swear I will not touch the
>> Sage project infrastructure any more -- unless we proceed with retiring
>> trac.
>>

> That sounds very fair to me.  We all appreciate everything you've done on
> the project's infrastructure, on top of the very visible way you help
> people

I would have no problem to count the votes of those who carry the burden of
maintaining the Trac infrastructure with a higher weight.