On Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 4:03:36 AM UTC-7 kcrisman wrote:

> > Consensus ?!  Hmm - consensus means that everyone is for. I don't think
>> we will have it. So we can stop now, no?  I think a simple majority is a
>> meaningful way to vote here.
>>

> Also, given the level of activity here, a separate thread for voting on
> this (whenever that becomes appropriate, presumably one would want at least
> a full week of discussion on the current one to allow for people on
> vacation, etc. to catch up) probably will also attract a high level of
> interest from anyone who cares, and be easily completable in a short time
> period.

+1 on using a separate thread for the vote.
Let me add that we should issue strict guidance that voters should not
explain their reasons for their vote in the thread for the vote: Voters
should read a carefully prepared proposal, a summary of a carefully
prepared list of pros and cons, and optionally the full discussion thread.
Also +1 on the suggestion to use something like '2/3 majority of "Yes" and
"Won't oppose" combined'.