Hi,

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 01:30:05AM -0400, David Roe wrote:
> While I strongly support the shift to github, I also agree with Travis that
> we should vote on a change this major, and give the community enough time
> to weigh in.  I would also encourage people on both sides of the debate to
> give everyone the benefit of the doubt.  To those who have been putting in
> a ton of work attempting to fix trac in recent weeks, our broken
> infrastructure is both frustrating and gives a sense of urgency.  To those
> who have spent over a decade using trac, the most recent iteration of this
> discussion (starting four days ago) feels very rushed.
>
> Here's a proposal on a timeline for making a decision (I welcome feedback
> from anyone who thinks this is too fast or too slow).
>
> * We spend another few days discussing pros and cons and refining the
> proposed workflows.

The academic year is starting (at least in France), people are already
very busy with all sort of administrative things. I personally have to
attend a conference next week and my PhD student is going to defend in
the beginning of October.

Also, several people have already explicitely requested for a break (if
not a truce, given the level of agressivity).

I would like to contribute to the important question of the evolution of
our development tools, but given the conditions and how they affect my
mental health, as for me, one month break is a bare minimum. Blitzkrieg,
state of emergency, false dilemma, and policy of fait accompli can not
be part of a healthy decision-making.

Ciao,
Thierry