On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 6:21 AM, Stan <schym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> A student of mine has been using SMC because the sage appliance in
> virtualbox did not appear very useful with the jupyter notebook. Now that he
> encountered a critical bug in SMC (reported offline), he is back with the

I'm not aware of this bug.  I don't know of any critical bugs in SMC.
There are exactly 22 known SMC *bugs*, which you can see listed here,
all of which we plan to fix ASAP:

https://github.com/sagemathinc/smc/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue%20is%3Aopen%20label%3AI-bug%20sort%3Acreated-asc%20-label%3Ablocked

On can also use SMC via docker on Windows, Linux and OS X, as explained here:

  https://github.com/sagemathinc/smc/blob/master/src/dev/docker/README.md

I wish I could recommend the official sagemath docker images, but it
looks like they haven't been updated in 6 months to 1 year ago? (What
the heck?)

   https://hub.docker.com/u/sagemath/

William

William (http://wstein.org)