On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Martin Fitzpatrick wrote:

> I dont mind occasionally searching through directories for a file - you
> do that whatever program you're using - just the ability to double-click
> on something and *bam* there it is in SimCoupe, would be very nice
> indeed.

But you already can set it up such that double-clicking on an image
launches SimCoupe and mounts it on drive 1. Is that not the closest
equivalent of turning the Sam on and putting the disk in?

If we're not interested in closest equivalents, then Sim-coupe get a bit
pointless... It's not that I want "awkward loading procedures" emulated
(surely pressing F9 is not awkward, even if entering the pathname for the
disk image may be). I just don't think it is useful to have SimCoupe
emulate anything other than the Sam Coupe.

Admittedly it doesn't press F9 for you, but then again if you insisted on
that feature it would be *much* easier to implement via a ROM hack than
literally having the host emulator "push" the button... and thanks to Ian
we've got that already.

Andrew

--
 --  Andrew Collier  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  --        My other
  --      http://mnemotech.ucam.org      --       .sig is a