Gordon Wallis wrote:

> All your ideas sound very good, but the market's so small now.
Some of them I'll do anyway. Why not to share with others?

Will be ever the market bigger?

I've designed YABUS to be able to connect the same device to
different computers, what makes the market a bit bigger.

> My feelings exactly. This probably explains why I fiddle about
> on my Sam designing games that'll never see the light of
> day... or maybe I'm just stupid...
Don't resign the dreams. Perhaps you can do what I can't?
Perhaps I can do what you can't? Perhaps we could work together?

> Either way, if only more people thought like that!
Perhaps there are and we don't know them yet?

> I wish I did! All I know about MSX is stuff I've read on the
> web.
I used SVI 738 X'PRESS over 5 years. I gave up because I didn't
know anyone else interested in MSX and wasn't able to show my
programs for it. You are the first one talking to me about MSX.

> I've played a few emulated games (anyone care to tell me
> why the Sam couldn't do something like Metal Gear?),
What is "Metal Gear"? I have had only about 35 MSX games (in
1990) and no way to get any more. :-( So I decided to buy SAM to
be able to use CP/M programs from MSX. And also some from ZX, I
used before. At end I made CPM22QED for SAM using MSX.

> and a lot appear to be in a mode not too unlike Mode 2.
But MSX has separate VRAM accessible via I/O ports. This could
work with "second Z80" extention like for ZX128. The Z80 of SAM
would emulate VDP, PSG, joysticks, keyboard and disk drive.

> Just goes to show, you don't need an OS by Microsoft to run a
> good machine. Oh... Hang on... MSX _did_ have a Microsoft
> OS... Damn.
It would have to be rewritten anyway.

--
Yarek.