Gasson wrote:

> On the subject of high density floppies, would it be possible
> to connect an Amiga high density drive to the Spectrum and
> Sam?
I think it would. I didn't try. The Amiga HDFDD slows down the
spin of disk, so it doesn't require HDFDC. But for ZX and SAM
still any FDC is needed.

I have Amiga HDFDD at home and could perform an experiment...
Must only move somewhere my HPLJ printer and carry the
drive...

> I know someone here in Dunedin, New Zealand who has been
> considering the idea of attaching a high density drive to
> their Spectrum. Neither he nor I know much about the Amiga
> drives though.
I don't, too. At least here the problem is that Amiga HDFDD
still requires FDC and is twice expensive than set of ordinary
HDFDD with ISA Multi I/O card (what gives also 2xCOM and LPT).

Besides, for ZX you need some more memory with operating system.

--
Yarek.