To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 6:40 PM
Subject: RE: Ideas for the ultimate emulator :)

I take you also think that games consoles don't have a place, after all they
only "emulate" what is already available in the arcade.

This idea behind this was to allow us the fond memories of lying on our
stomachs in front of the TV playing those old favourites, as for buying a
new version of (for example) a Sam Coupé, have you seen how rarely they come up on e-bay? Most of the people who would want a Sam will probably never be able to get one, as the originals are either in the bin or a treasured part
of somebodies collection.

As for having nothing to do with the Sam Coupe, there is already a healthy
discussion on SimCoupe running on this list, so why not look at other
possible ways in which a Sam, or any other machine for that matter, may be
emulated? SimCoupe may be (and is) a great emulator, but I am sure that
there would be room out there for other options.

Jason