Hi Steve,

Compiling manually can indeed be painful. Two questions for you:
- Are you sure that all the features that you are trying to enable will be
needed in your script? You might not actually need jack or ao..
- Have you looked at using opam? opam can sometimes help handling external
dependencies (though in case of RPM I don't think that it knows much about
them) but also, compiling with opam makes things much easier in general.

Romain