Von: Jens Hoffmann [mailto:xmc...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. November 2015 21:08
An: scid-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [Scid-users] reply

On 11/26/2015 08:20 PM, pwatt...@gmail.com wrote:
> Sure.  It allows for more natural language annotation.  Something like:
>
> "The more direct 13.dxc5 dxc5 14.Qd3?! leaves the queen-side pawns
> much more vulnerable."

Okay, I got your point. From a developers point of perspective I am not much
in favour to implement this feature. The comment editor would need sort of
two text-input boxes and the notation must be somehow reorganized supporting
visually comments that are meant to be "natural language".

Scrolling through some chess books I can't even find a single example for
your use case. So it seems to be quite common to annotate behind a move, at
least in chess books.

My impression is that, yes, you gain more flexibility. Being able to note
down comments even in natural language would be nice. But that gain is not
worth the effort to reorganize the comment editor, the notation window and
adding more complexity to the backend.

Though I would be interested to see how other chess software integrates this
feature.

Jens

Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK Give your users
amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple
OSs.