>I came across the Irish polka below, and what drew me to it was how few
>notes are used in the tune (five in all). I'm trying to find Scottish
>tunes which use as few notes, for use in teaching complete beginners.
>Any suggestions?

I always use Mairi's Wedding in A.  Works out well on the fiddle
starting on the E on the D string.  It's hexatonic and repetitive and
most people have heard it.  It has "do re mi" in it.  Everybody
always gets it, even little kids, which I haven't found with many
other tunes.

- Kate
--
http://www.DunGreenMusic.com