Going a bit further afield, a  while  back  as  a  Scottish
dance,  we included the following simple but beautiful tune
in a medley for an air-type strathspey. Some of the dancers
recognized it and had big grins on their faces.  We omitted
the repeat of the fourth phrase, of course, to get 16 bars.
This tune goes well with Banks of Spey, and sounds great on
the pipes.

X: 1
T: Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika
T: God Bless Africa
C: Enoch Sontanga 1897
R: march
Z: John Chambers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Apr 2000
N: Enoch Sontanga was a teacher at a methodist mission school in Johannesburg SA.
N: The first part is now incorporated into the South African nation anthem.
M: 4/4
L: 1/8
K: D
| "D"dc de f2 f2 | "A7"e2 e2 "D"d4 \
| "D"ff ef "A7"g2 g2 | "D"ff f2 "A7"e4 |
| "D"dc de f2 f2 | "A7"e2 g2 "D"f4 \
| "Em"e4 "D"d4 | "A7"cd e2 "D"d4 \
| "Em"e4 "D"d3d | "A7"cd e2 "D"d4 :|
% This part not usually used nowadays: