Re: incorrect docs for forge macro extension, when using 'unknown' scm source (e.g., git.kernel.org) ?

2020-07-10 Thread Nicolas Mailhot via devel
Le jeudi 09 juillet 2020 à 09:40 -0700, PGNet Dev a écrit : > I'm working on a spec, pulling source with forgemeta/scm > > With known/supported scm sources (e.g., github), it works as > expected, with no issues. Because every forge hosting service out there is inventing its own archive export

Re: Btrfs in Silverblue

2020-07-10 Thread Neal Gompa
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 6:45 AM Marek Suchánek wrote: > > I haven't seen any mention of Silverblue in the Btrfs discussions. Will > Silverblue also switch to Btrfs if the change is approved? > > I've tested installing Silverblue 32 and Rawhide with the default Btrfs > partitioning suggested by

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread Przemek Klosowski via devel
On 7/10/20 5:06 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote: The problem IOT side is not the security of the software update chain. The problem is that manufacturers skimp on software updates in the first place Yes, that's the situation right now: everyone has a custom firmware tied to a short product

Re: PSA: dnf autoremove cleans fedora-repos-modular

2020-07-10 Thread Petr Pisar
On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 02:15:03PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote: > On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 11:09:57AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote: > > What we're dealing with now is awkward consequences of this change for > > existing installs, where we'd probably want to *keep* modular repos, > > especially if

[Bug 1855332] perl-Sereal-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855332 Petr Pisar changed: What|Removed |Added Status|ASSIGNED|MODIFIED Fixed In Version|

Re: Btrfs by default, the compression option

2020-07-10 Thread Nicolas Mailhot via devel
Le jeudi 09 juillet 2020 à 23:47 +, Zachary Lym a écrit : > > Yes, it's completely reasonable to not do it. It might seem like a > > big > > change on its own, but Btrfs has had native compression for 10+ > > years, > > and at least three years for most all of the workloads at Facebook. > > So

Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: Make btrfs the default file system for desktop variants

2020-07-10 Thread Alexander Ploumistos
On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 6:30 PM Josef Bacik wrote: > > On 6/26/20 11:15 AM, Matthew Miller wrote: > > On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 11:13:39AM -0400, Josef Bacik wrote: > >> Not Fedora land, but Facebook installs it on all of our root > >> devices, so millions of machines. We've done this for 5 years.

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread Nicolas Mailhot via devel
Le jeudi 09 juillet 2020 à 23:58 -0400, Przemek Klosowski via devel a écrit : > > While it's true that a completely secure software chain doesn't > really exist yet, we are slowly going in that direction, because it > is just inconceivable otherwise in the world with billions of > autonomous IOT

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
Hello, Faye. On Saturday, 04 July 2020 at 00:42, Faye C. wrote: [...] > Because of the way Windows 10 is, UEFI is the only thing that is > accepted (no Legacy Boot). If I try any other OS on UEFI my laptop > can't find the disc image. It somehow seems to be designed only for > Windows 10. Legacy

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread Przemek Klosowski via devel
On 7/10/20 7:37 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote: Le vendredi 10 juillet 2020 à 07:12 -0400, Przemek Klosowski via devel a écrit : My point is that however the updates are being produced, they need a secure remote update method. It's not realistic to expect end users to be in the loop If you remove

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread Neal Gompa
On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 5:20 PM Chris Adams wrote: > > Once upon a time, nick...@gmail.com said: > > To be honest, I don't know. Do all UEFI secure boot implementations > > allow you to add your own keys to the list of trusted keys? > > I believe that the Microsoft OEM Windows x86_64 distribution

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread Solomon Peachy
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 07:18:06AM -0400, Neal Gompa wrote: > I don't know this for sure, but from what I've heard, that last point > (user management of keys) is no longer a requirement, as is being able > to disable Secure Boot. Some of my friends have reported getting > laptops from some big

Re: Btrfs in Silverblue

2020-07-10 Thread Marek Suchánek
That's perfect, thanks. So for reference, the fix is to add an option to the kernel command line: rootflags=subvol=$(root_device.name) -- Marek Suchánek He / Him / His Technical Writer 2, Customer Content Services Red Hat Czech IM: msuchane On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 12:51 PM Neal Gompa wrote:

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread Nicolas Mailhot via devel
Le vendredi 10 juillet 2020 à 07:12 -0400, Przemek Klosowski via devel a écrit : > > My point is that however the updates are being produced, they need a > secure remote update method. It's not realistic to expect end users > to be in the loop If you remove end users from the loop there is zero

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread Solomon Peachy
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 01:37:14PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot via devel wrote: > If you remove end users from the loop there is zero zip nada need for > secure boot in the first place. The sole function of secure boot and > DRPM is to prevent end users, present in the update loop, from doing > things

Re: Btrfs in Silverblue

2020-07-10 Thread Lennart Poettering
On Fr, 10.07.20 06:50, Neal Gompa (ngomp...@gmail.com) wrote: > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 6:45 AM Marek Suchánek wrote: > > > > I haven't seen any mention of Silverblue in the Btrfs discussions. Will > > Silverblue also switch to Btrfs if the change is approved? > > > > I've tested installing

Re: Btrfs by default, the compression option

2020-07-10 Thread Chris Murphy
On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 9:50 AM Matthew Miller wrote: > > More data is always better. I like qualifying the situations in that way. I > think we should make our decision based on the "center" rather than the > edges, though. > > For I hope obvious reasons, I'd love to see this tested on a Lenovo

Re: Enable EarlyOOM on Fedora KDE - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

2020-07-10 Thread Kevin Kofler
Matthew Miller wrote: > I also don't see any reason to be required to keep unsolicited negative > "private" emails secret. There's no agreement that they should be. > However, I would request that you ignore them rather than bringing them > back to the list. We can unsubscribe and moderate, but we

Re: Btrfs in Silverblue

2020-07-10 Thread Neal Gompa
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 6:57 AM Marek Suchánek wrote: > > That's perfect, thanks. > > So for reference, the fix is to add an option to the kernel command line: > > rootflags=subvol=$(root_device.name) > Yes, essentially it's the label of the root subvolume. -- 真実はいつも一つ!/ Always, there's only

Re: Can we do away with release and changelog bumping?

2020-07-10 Thread Pavel Raiskup
On Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:25:57 PM CEST Nicolas Mailhot via devel wrote: > Le 2020-07-08 17:19, Pavel Raiskup a écrit : > > > Small experiment (few-liner) for copr with "%bid, build system tag": > > https://pagure.io/copr/copr/pull-request/1436 > > Well, that ties the system to corp, not koji

Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: Make btrfs the default file system for desktop variants

2020-07-10 Thread Przemek Klosowski via devel
On 7/9/20 2:24 PM, Eric Sandeen wrote: <50 runs later on btrfs> 16 readonly mounts failed (32% failure rate) Within the successful mounts, 1 or more files were unreachable in 30 attempts. Across all 50 attempts, 7720 files were lost. Is that better than ext4, and will ext4 need fsck just to be

Re: PSA: dnf autoremove cleans fedora-repos-modular

2020-07-10 Thread Miro Hrončok
On 09. 07. 20 20:19, Adam Williamson wrote: On Thu, 2020-07-09 at 11:09 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote: On Thu, 2020-07-09 at 16:45 +0200, Igor Raits wrote: On Thu, 2020-07-09 at 07:36 -0700, John M. Harris Jr wrote: On Thursday, July 9, 2020 5:24:59 AM MST Petr Pisar wrote: DNF should perform

Btrfs in Silverblue

2020-07-10 Thread Marek Suchánek
I haven't seen any mention of Silverblue in the Btrfs discussions. Will Silverblue also switch to Btrfs if the change is approved? I've tested installing Silverblue 32 and Rawhide with the default Btrfs partitioning suggested by Anaconda, and in both cases the system failed to boot after

Re: Policy for Modules in Fedora and Fedora ELN - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

2020-07-10 Thread Miro Hrončok
On 09. 07. 20 20:00, Ben Cotton wrote: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ModularPolicy == Summary == Establish a set of rules for Modular content in Fedora to ensure an optimal user and packager experience. == Owner == * Name: [[User:Sgallagh| Stephen Gallagher]] *

orphaning gabedit

2020-07-10 Thread Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
Cc'ing SciTech SIG as this is a science-related package. Hello! I'm orphaning gabedit. It has two bugs open: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__=gabedit=Fedora Last release was in February this year, so upstream is not dead, but I don't have time to maintain it anymore

Re: PSA: dnf autoremove cleans fedora-repos-modular

2020-07-10 Thread Miro Hrončok
On 09. 07. 20 14:24, Petr Pisar wrote: On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 12:55:44PM +0200, Igor Raits wrote: One just noticed that `dnf autoremove` is trying to remove `fedora- repos-modular` and `fedora-repos-rawhide-modular`. [...] I don't know where / which the fix should be: DNF, comps or both.

Re: Enable EarlyOOM on Fedora KDE - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

2020-07-10 Thread Johannes Lips
> Matthew Miller wrote: > > Well, as I understand it, the main reason he is sending those private > replies is that he was banned from the mailing list, or put on moderation or > something. > > If this mailing list were actually a place where people are allowed to voice > their technical

Re: PSA: dnf autoremove cleans fedora-repos-modular

2020-07-10 Thread Miro Hrončok
On 09. 07. 20 12:55, Igor Raits wrote: I don't know where / which the fix should be: DNF, comps or both. Simply putting the fedora-repos-modular in comps won't help since DNF is only using them when running `group install/update/remove`. How much crazy would it be to call `dnf group upgrade

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread Nicolas Mailhot via devel
Le vendredi 10 juillet 2020 à 07:51 -0400, Solomon Peachy a écrit : > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 01:37:14PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot via devel > wrote: > > If you remove end users from the loop there is zero zip nada need > > for > > secure boot in the first place. The sole function of secure boot > >

Re: Can we do away with release and changelog bumping?

2020-07-10 Thread Nicolas Mailhot via devel
Le vendredi 10 juillet 2020 à 13:22 +0200, Pavel Raiskup a écrit : > On Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:25:57 PM CEST Nicolas Mailhot via devel > wrote: > > Le 2020-07-08 17:19, Pavel Raiskup a écrit : > > > > > Small experiment (few-liner) for copr with "%bid, build system > > > tag": > > >

Re: Can we do away with release and changelog bumping?

2020-07-10 Thread Nicolas Mailhot via devel
Le vendredi 10 juillet 2020 à 14:59 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit : > Le vendredi 10 juillet 2020 à 13:22 +0200, Pavel Raiskup a écrit : > > On Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:25:57 PM CEST Nicolas Mailhot via > > devel > > wrote: > > > Le 2020-07-08 17:19, Pavel Raiskup a écrit : > > > > > > > Small

Re: Btrfs in Silverblue

2020-07-10 Thread Chris Murphy
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020, 6:07 AM Lennart Poettering wrote: > On Fr, 10.07.20 06:50, Neal Gompa (ngomp...@gmail.com) wrote: > > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 6:45 AM Marek Suchánek > wrote: > > > > > > I haven't seen any mention of Silverblue in the Btrfs discussions. > Will Silverblue also switch to

Re: Golang 1.15 - Late Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal

2020-07-10 Thread Ben Cotton
Note that this proposal was prepared prior to the deadline, but due to an error in wiki formatting, it did not appear in the queue. On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 9:40 AM Ben Cotton wrote: > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/golang1.15 > > == Summary == > Rebase of Golang package to upcoming

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread Przemek Klosowski via devel
On 7/10/20 8:25 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote: Le vendredi 10 juillet 2020 à 08:00 -0400, Przemek Klosowski a écrit : Not quite---as I said in next sentence that you didn't include in your quote, secure boot also tries to prevent unauthorized modifications, That does not work either, because if

Re: [Rawhide] Blender failed to build

2020-07-10 Thread Luya Tshimbalanga
Right, upstream provided a patch which landed on Rawhide: https://developer.blender.org/rB56d0df51a36fdce7ec2d1fbb7b47b1d95b591b5f Could someone having python expertise check it please? Thanks. On 2020-07-09 1:34 a.m., Miro Hrončok wrote: On 09. 07. 20 10:22, Dan Horák wrote: On Thu, 9 Jul

Re: [Rawhide] Blender failed to build

2020-07-10 Thread Miro Hrončok
On 10. 07. 20 17:22, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote: Right, upstream provided a patch which landed on Rawhide: https://developer.blender.org/rB56d0df51a36fdce7ec2d1fbb7b47b1d95b591b5f Could someone having python expertise check it please? If it builds, ship it :) (The changes look reasonable.)

Golang 1.15 - Late Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal

2020-07-10 Thread Ben Cotton
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/golang1.15 == Summary == Rebase of Golang package to upcoming version 1.15 in Fedora 33, including rebuild of all dependent packages(pre-release version of Go will be used for rebuild, if released version will not be available at the time of the mass

Re: Btrfs by default, the compression option

2020-07-10 Thread Chris Murphy
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020, 8:37 AM Matthew Miller wrote: > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 12:59:37AM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote: > > https://paste.centos.org/view/f4165396 > > > > Two workloads: install and update. It might seem like an update is > > both read and write dependent, but the rpms are already

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread Nicolas Mailhot via devel
Le vendredi 10 juillet 2020 à 08:00 -0400, Przemek Klosowski a écrit : > > > Not quite---as I said in next sentence that you didn't include in > your quote, secure boot also tries to prevent unauthorized > modifications, That does not work either, because if your system is remotely exploitable,

Re: Btrfs by default, the compression option

2020-07-10 Thread Matthew Miller
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 12:59:37AM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote: > https://paste.centos.org/view/f4165396 > > Two workloads: install and update. It might seem like an update is > both read and write dependent, but the rpms are already compressed and > don't get compressed again. The differences, I

Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: Make btrfs the default file system for desktop variants

2020-07-10 Thread drago01
On Friday, July 10, 2020, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel < devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote: > On 26.06.2020 16:42, Ben Cotton wrote: > > ** transparent compression: significantly reduces write amplification, > > improves lifespan of storage hardware > > What can you say about this?

X.org Utility Deaggregation - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

2020-07-10 Thread Ben Cotton
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/XorgUtilityDeaggregation == Summary == The collection packages `xorg-x11-{apps,font-utils,server-utils,utils,xkb-utils}` will be retired, and the individual utilities within them will be packaged separately. == Owner == * Name: [[User:ajax|Adam Jackson]] *

Re: incorrect docs for forge macro extension, when using 'unknown' scm source (e.g., git.kernel.org) ?

2020-07-10 Thread PGNet Dev
On 7/10/20 1:26 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote: Le jeudi 09 juillet 2020 à 09:40 -0700, PGNet Dev a écrit : I'm working on a spec, pulling source with forgemeta/scm With known/supported scm sources (e.g., github), it works as expected, with no issues. involves writing the lua equivalent of

Re: out of Koji disk space

2020-07-10 Thread Kevin Fenzi
On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 06:15:54PM +0200, Jan Kratochvil wrote: > On Tue, 07 Jul 2020 21:11:31 +0200, Kevin Fenzi wrote: > > I am not sure what to tell you here. Perhaps you could describe the > > reason you are working on the chromium debuginfo? Is it broken? Missing? > > Less useful that normal?

Re: Btrfs in Silverblue

2020-07-10 Thread Lennart Poettering
On Fr, 10.07.20 09:34, Chris Murphy (li...@colorremedies.com) wrote: > > That makes things a lot more robust, as btrfs will then just work like > > any other fs even if you insert the root subvol in between like > > anaconda apparently does. > > > > I think there's big value in allowing short

Re: Btrfs by default, the compression option

2020-07-10 Thread Mark Otaris
Maybe Workstation could provide Déjà Dup in the default system to make it discoverable and encourage users to create backups. It has to be an installed application (can’t be a website), and most users would benefit from having backups. ___ devel mailing

Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: Make btrfs the default file system for desktop variants

2020-07-10 Thread Vitaly Zaitsev via devel
On 26.06.2020 16:42, Ben Cotton wrote: > ** transparent compression: significantly reduces write amplification, > improves lifespan of storage hardware What can you say about this? https://arxiv.org/pdf/1707.08514.pdf -- Sincerely, Vitaly Zaitsev (vit...@easycoding.org)

Re: Btrfs in Silverblue

2020-07-10 Thread Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 09:34:36AM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote: > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020, 6:07 AM Lennart Poettering > wrote: > > > On Fr, 10.07.20 06:50, Neal Gompa (ngomp...@gmail.com) wrote: > > > > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 6:45 AM Marek Suchánek > > wrote: > > > > > > > > I haven't seen any

Reserve resources for active users (Workstation) - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

2020-07-10 Thread Ben Cotton
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Reserve_resources_for_active_user_WS == Summary == This proposal adds cgroup based resource protections for the active graphical session. This is done by passing a memory protection of 250MiB to active users (capped at 10% of system memory) and by enabling

Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: Make btrfs the default file system for desktop variants

2020-07-10 Thread Tom Seewald
> It doesn't use compression so not relevant to the cited statement? Well the paper compares ext2, ext4, xfs, f2fs, and btrfs in terms of IO amplification and states: "In fact, in all our experiments, btrfs was an outlier, producing the highest read, write, and space amplification." The

Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: Make btrfs the default file system for desktop variants

2020-07-10 Thread Gordon Messmer
On 7/10/20 10:14 AM, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote: On 26.06.2020 16:42, Ben Cotton wrote: ** transparent compression: significantly reduces write amplification, improves lifespan of storage hardware What can you say about this? https://arxiv.org/pdf/1707.08514.pdf I would say that it

Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: Make btrfs the default file system for desktop variants

2020-07-10 Thread Tomasz Torcz
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 07:14:09PM +0200, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote: > On 26.06.2020 16:42, Ben Cotton wrote: > > ** transparent compression: significantly reduces write amplification, > > improves lifespan of storage hardware > > What can you say about this?

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Friday, July 10, 2020 5:56:31 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 8:55 PM John M. Harris Jr > wrote: > > > > > > On Thursday, May 28, 2020 12:53:26 PM MST Ben Cotton wrote: > > > > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/drop_mod_php > > > > > > > > > > > > == Summary == > > >

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread Neal Gompa
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 9:26 PM John M. Harris Jr wrote: > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:14:27 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 8:59 PM John M. Harris Jr > > wrote: > > > > > > > > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 5:56:31 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > > > > > > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread Neal Gompa
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 9:38 PM John M. Harris Jr wrote: > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:31:08 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 9:26 PM John M. Harris Jr > > wrote: > > > > > > > > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:14:27 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > > > > > > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread Gary Buhrmaster
On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 1:50 AM John M. Harris Jr wrote: > > Why should I have to switch the system that's being used, and potentially > break these servers, just because a package isn't being compiled anymore? It > still works, and it works very well. It has less overhead than php-fpm, even! >

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread drago01
On Saturday, July 11, 2020, John M. Harris Jr wrote: > On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:43:59 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 9:38 PM John M. Harris Jr > > wrote: > > > > > > > > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:31:08 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > > > > > > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Friday, July 10, 2020 9:41:48 PM MST drago01 wrote: > On Saturday, July 11, 2020, John M. Harris Jr wrote: > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:43:59 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 9:38 PM John M. Harris Jr > > > > > > wrote: > > > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:31:08 PM MST

Re: Enable EarlyOOM on Fedora KDE - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Friday, July 10, 2020 2:27:02 AM MST Kevin Kofler wrote: > Matthew Miller wrote: > > > I also don't see any reason to be required to keep unsolicited negative > > "private" emails secret. There's no agreement that they should be. > > However, I would request that you ignore them rather than

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Friday, July 10, 2020 4:12:42 AM MST Przemek Klosowski via devel wrote: > On 7/10/20 5:06 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote: > > > The problem IOT side is not the security of the > > software update chain. The problem is that manufacturers skimp on > > software updates in the first place > > > Yes,

Re: PSA: dnf autoremove cleans fedora-repos-modular

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Friday, July 10, 2020 4:39:21 AM MST Miro Hrončok wrote: > On 09. 07. 20 14:24, Petr Pisar wrote: > > > On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 12:55:44PM +0200, Igor Raits wrote: > > > >> One just noticed that `dnf autoremove` is trying to remove `fedora- > >> repos-modular` and

Re: Btrfs in Silverblue

2020-07-10 Thread Chris Murphy
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 12:16 PM Lennart Poettering wrote: > > On Fr, 10.07.20 09:34, Chris Murphy (li...@colorremedies.com) wrote: > > > > That makes things a lot more robust, as btrfs will then just work like > > > any other fs even if you insert the root subvol in between like > > > anaconda

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Thursday, May 28, 2020 12:53:26 PM MST Ben Cotton wrote: > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/drop_mod_php > > == Summary == > mod_php (apache2handler) is an optional httpd module to execute PHP > scripts, not used. > > == Owner == > * Name: [[User:Remi| Remi Collet]] > * Email: remi at

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread Neal Gompa
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 8:55 PM John M. Harris Jr wrote: > > On Thursday, May 28, 2020 12:53:26 PM MST Ben Cotton wrote: > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/drop_mod_php > > > > == Summary == > > mod_php (apache2handler) is an optional httpd module to execute PHP > > scripts, not used. > >

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:14:27 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 8:59 PM John M. Harris Jr > wrote: > > > > > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 5:56:31 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > > > > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 8:55 PM John M. Harris Jr > > > > > > wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread Neal Gompa
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 10:05 PM John M. Harris Jr wrote: > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:56:36 PM MST Gary Buhrmaster wrote: > > On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 1:50 AM John M. Harris Jr > > wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > Why should I have to switch the system that's being used, and potentially > > >

Re: Btrfs by default, the compression option

2020-07-10 Thread Chris Murphy
> https://paste.centos.org/view/f4165396 > > Two workloads: install and update. It might seem like an update is > both read and write dependent, but the rpms are already compressed and > don't get compressed again. The differences, I expect, are mostly > write performance. And this suggests it's

[Test-Announce] Proposal to CANCEL: 2020-07-13 Fedora QA Meeting

2020-07-10 Thread Adam Williamson
Hi folks! I'm proposing we cancel the QA meeting for Monday. I don't have anything urgent new this week. If you're aware of anything important we have to discuss this week, please do reply to this mail and we can go ahead and run the meeting. Note on blocker meetings: we still have a very short

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:56:36 PM MST Gary Buhrmaster wrote: > On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 1:50 AM John M. Harris Jr > wrote: > > > > > > > Why should I have to switch the system that's being used, and potentially > > break these servers, just because a package isn't being compiled anymore? > >

[Bug 1855334] perl-Sereal-Encoder-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855334 --- Comment #11 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 has been pushed to the Fedora 31 testing repository. In short time you'll be able to install the update with the following command: `sudo dnf upgrade

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread Neal Gompa
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 8:59 PM John M. Harris Jr wrote: > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 5:56:31 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 8:55 PM John M. Harris Jr > > wrote: > > > > > > > > > On Thursday, May 28, 2020 12:53:26 PM MST Ben Cotton wrote: > > > > > > >

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:31:08 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 9:26 PM John M. Harris Jr > wrote: > > > > > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:14:27 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > > > > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 8:59 PM John M. Harris Jr > > > > > > wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:43:59 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 9:38 PM John M. Harris Jr > wrote: > > > > > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:31:08 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > > > > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 9:26 PM John M. Harris Jr > > > > > > wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Drop mod_php

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Friday, July 10, 2020 7:12:50 PM MST Neal Gompa wrote: > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 10:05 PM John M. Harris Jr > wrote: > > > > > > On Friday, July 10, 2020 6:56:36 PM MST Gary Buhrmaster wrote: > > > > > On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 1:50 AM John M. Harris Jr > > > > > > wrote: > > > > > > > > > > >

Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Friday, July 10, 2020 5:05:51 AM MST Nicolas Mailhot via devel wrote: > Le vendredi 10 juillet 2020 à 07:51 -0400, Solomon Peachy a écrit : > > > On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 01:37:14PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot via devel > > wrote: > > > > > If you remove end users from the loop there is zero zip

poppler soname bump in rawhide

2020-07-10 Thread Marek Kasik
Hi, I've prepared rebase of poppler to 0.90.0 in the side tag "f33-build-side-25167". I ask you to build your dependent packages in it and I will ask to merge it to main branch next Friday (17th of July). There are several API changes and soname bump of the base library libpoppler.so.*.

Re: PSA: dnf autoremove cleans fedora-repos-modular

2020-07-10 Thread Miro Hrončok
On 10. 07. 20 23:35, John M. Harris Jr wrote: DNF should perform "dnf mark install fedora-repos-rawhide-modular" action on a system upgrade, because we want that package to be prensented on the system. However I worry that DNF does not possess a capability for doing it. (Except of injecting that

Re: PSA: dnf autoremove cleans fedora-repos-modular

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Friday, July 10, 2020 2:53:30 PM MST Miro Hrončok wrote: > On 10. 07. 20 23:35, John M. Harris Jr wrote: > > >>> DNF should perform "dnf mark install fedora-repos-rawhide-modular" > >>> action > >>> on a system upgrade, because we want that package to be prensented on > >>> the system. However

Re: Enable EarlyOOM on Fedora KDE - Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal

2020-07-10 Thread John M. Harris Jr
On Thursday, July 9, 2020 2:19:27 PM MST Przemek Klosowski via devel wrote: > On 7/9/20 8:44 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote: > > > Przemek Klosowski via devel wrote: > > > >>* disk access is literally O(1) slower than RAM access > > > > This notation is meaningless. By the definition of the O

Re: Suppress "running pip install with root privileges" warning in RPM macros?

2020-07-10 Thread Lumir Balhar
I was curious how hard it'd be to implement this and it turned out to be very simple so I've prepared a PR: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-pip/pull-request/67 Lumír On 7/9/20 1:48 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote: On 2020-07-07 19:54, Miro Hrončok wrote: 1) Add a custom

[Bug 1855333] perl-Sereal-Decoder-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855333 Petr Pisar changed: What|Removed |Added Status|ASSIGNED|MODIFIED Fixed In Version|

[Bug 1855333] perl-Sereal-Decoder-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855333 --- Comment #6 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 31. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are on the CC list

[Bug 1855332] perl-Sereal-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855332 --- Comment #6 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 31. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are on the CC list

[Bug 1855334] perl-Sereal-Encoder-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855334 --- Comment #5 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 31. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 --- Comment #6 from Fedora Update System ---

[Bug 1854753] perl-Sereal-4.015 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1854753 --- Comment #9 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 31. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are on the CC list

[Bug 1855332] perl-Sereal-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855332 --- Comment #7 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 has been submitted as an update to Fedora EPEL 8. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are

[Bug 1854754] perl-Sereal-Decoder-4.015 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1854754 --- Comment #10 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 has been submitted as an update to Fedora EPEL 8. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are

[Bug 1855334] perl-Sereal-Encoder-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855334 --- Comment #8 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 has been submitted as an update to Fedora EPEL 8. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are

[Bug 1855333] perl-Sereal-Decoder-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855333 --- Comment #8 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 has been submitted as an update to Fedora EPEL 8. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are

[Bug 1854753] perl-Sereal-4.015 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1854753 --- Comment #10 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 has been submitted as an update to Fedora EPEL 8. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are

[Bug 1855334] perl-Sereal-Encoder-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855334 --- Comment #7 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 has been submitted as an update to Fedora EPEL 8. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are

[Bug 1854752] perl-Sereal-Encoder-4.015 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1854752 --- Comment #10 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 has been submitted as an update to Fedora EPEL 8. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are

[Bug 1855332] perl-Sereal-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855332 --- Comment #8 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 has been submitted as an update to Fedora EPEL 8. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are

[Bug 1855333] perl-Sereal-Decoder-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855333 --- Comment #7 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 has been submitted as an update to Fedora EPEL 8. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-87dd78b491 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are

[Bug 1854754] perl-Sereal-Decoder-4.015 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1854754 --- Comment #9 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 31. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are on the CC list

[Bug 1854752] perl-Sereal-Encoder-4.015 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1854752 --- Comment #9 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 31. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are on the CC list

[Bug 1855333] perl-Sereal-Decoder-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855333 --- Comment #5 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 31. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are on the CC list

[Bug 1855332] perl-Sereal-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855332 --- Comment #5 from Fedora Update System --- FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 31. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-1f18f358d0 -- You are receiving this mail because: You are on the CC list

[Bug 1855332] perl-Sereal-4.017 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1855332 Petr Pisar changed: What|Removed |Added Status|NEW |ASSIGNED

[Bug 1854754] perl-Sereal-Decoder-4.015 is available

2020-07-10 Thread bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1854754 Fedora Update System changed: What|Removed |Added Status|ON_QA |MODIFIED --- Comment #8 from

  1   2   >