Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-03 Thread Jordan K. Hubbard
Dear friends, I know that many of you may feel slightly let-down by the fact that nothing truly significant seems to have happened during our transition to the year 2000, a good many button-clicks on www.cnn.com having gone for naught as the hour approached and receded, nothing following yet

Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-03 Thread Bob Vaughan
FYI: I've been hearing from karl for years on IRC related lists.. I was rather suprised to see him on the freebsd-* lists, and I was even more suprised to see that he was being civil.. I guess his prozac prescription expired (y2k bug?) We're better off without him.. next thing you know, he

Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-03 Thread Jonathan M. Bresler
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 19:30:12 -0800 From: Amancio Hasty [EMAIL PROTECTED] [snip] The proper tactic to resolve the conflict should have been to wait a cool off period and then slug it off technically. Nevertheless, instead of waiting for Karl to cool off and attempt to ration with

Re: Your misleading, no LYING message to me

2000-01-03 Thread Jonathan M. Bresler
Sam, If you believe that either 1. someone removed Karl from the freebsd-current list or 2. that someone is covering this up, please call me at 410-320-7108. thanks jmb To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message

Re: Your misleading, no LYING message to me

2000-01-03 Thread Jesper Skriver
On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 09:59:28PM -0600, wrote: He is just expressing his point. From what I can tell someone removed him from the list with no reason and now he is angry. I probably would be too. Please cool it, it has happened to me more than once, and I believe I havn't insulted any

Re: Your misleading, no LYING message to me

2000-01-03 Thread The Hermit Hacker
On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, David Greenman wrote: Also, I can tell that someone is doing some good covering up. Its ashame to see leaders do this. How can you tell that? There is no evidence to support that. *I'm* certainly not covering anything up and I've seen no reason to believe that

Re: Your misleading, no LYING message to me

2000-01-03 Thread Peter Wemm
The Hermit Hacker wrote: On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, David Greenman wrote: Also, I can tell that someone is doing some good covering up. Its ashame t o see leaders do this. How can you tell that? There is no evidence to support that. *I'm* certainly not covering anything up and I've

RE: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-03 Thread FreeBSD
D]; [EMAIL PROTECTED] Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me FYI: I've been hearing from karl for years on IRC related lists.. I was rather suprised to see him on the freebsd-* lists, and I was even more suprised to see that he was being c

Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread Amancio Hasty
I have to say that PHK has become the MASTER at pissing people off, ensuring that his opponent goes the deep end and staying calm so the blame obviously does not fall on him. Got to admit his formula is very very nice 8) By a long shot the problem is NOT Karl. It takes at least TWO to engage

Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread David Greenman
Someone logged into HUB the EDITED me out of the CURRENT mailing list. As near as I can tell, noone with the ability to su was logged into hub earlier today when you claim that you were removed. As far as I know, noone had removed you. I have not seen any messages (other than your claim) or

Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread Tony Maher
I have to say that PHK has become the MASTER at pissing people off, ensuring that his opponent goes the deep end and staying calm so the blame obviously does not fall on him. Got to admit his formula is very very nice 8) I dont think so. Whatever PHK may or may not have done in the past

Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread David Greenman
I have to say that PHK has become the MASTER at pissing people off, ensuring that his opponent goes the deep end and staying calm so the blame obviously does not fall on him. Got to admit his formula is very very nice 8) By a long shot the problem is NOT Karl. It takes at least TWO to engage

Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread dev-null
Congratulations, Karl. You just proven to the world what a complete asshole you really are. Now get out of here. We don't want you. -- This message has been sent via an anonymous mail relay at www.no-id.com. To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe

Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread Kenneth Wayne Culver
Alright, that was childish and uncalled for. People need to learn to deal with these kinds of things differently. = | Kenneth Culver | FreeBSD: The best OS around.| | Unix Systems Administrator | ICQ #: 24767726

Re: Your misleading, no LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread ----
PROTECTED] To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2000 9:56 PM Subject: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me Congratulations, Karl. You just proven to the world what a complete asshole you really are. Now get out of here. We don't want you. -- This message has been sent via

Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread Chuck Robey
On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, Amancio Hasty wrote: I have to say that PHK has become the MASTER at pissing people off, ensuring that his opponent goes the deep end and staying calm so the blame obviously does not fall on him. Got to admit his formula is very very nice 8) By a long shot the

Re: Your misleading, no LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread Sascha Schumann
On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 09:59:28PM -0600, wrote: He is just expressing his point. From what I can tell someone removed him from the list with no reason and now he is angry. I probably would be too. That does not excuse his style of communication. Shouting and calling people names

Re: Your misleading, no LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread Manfred Antar
At 08:20 PM 1/2/00 -0800, David Greenman wrote: He is just expressing his point. From what I can tell someone removed him from the list with no reason and now he is angry. I probably would be too. That is not at all what happend. Karl went off the deep end about phk recommending a Motorola

Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread Amancio Hasty
Hi David, My post is not really based upon the last Karl vs. Pohl thread. It is more on what I have observed quietly over the last few months . If the behavior is left unchecked you can rest assure that their will be more flares up. Again, to have waited for Karl to cool off is not that

Re: Your misleading, no LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread Matthew Dillon
-- enters stage right ... opens door ... heyy a party! And nobody invited me! U, Why's the piano broken in two and all the tables overturned? Ahhh, whats with all the stares? guys? Guys! exits stage

Re: Your misleading, no LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread Chuck Robey
On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, Matthew Dillon wrote: -- enters stage right ... opens door ... heyy a party! And nobody invited me! U, Why's the piano broken in two and all the tables overturned? Ahhh, whats with all the stares? guys?

Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

2000-01-02 Thread Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami
* From: Karl Denninger [EMAIL PROTECTED] rant Wow, that was good! I'm going to nominate this for "this century's most amusing message on the FreeBSD lists" award. :) Satoshi "you can figure out which century I'm talking about" Asami To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with