Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-09-02 Thread Mark Wieder via use-livecode
On 9/2/20 8:22 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote: Looks like revGLX2 status. Interesting. I don't have that problem. I see a different problem though. I just tried minimizing Navigator and it's more or less centered on my main screen, but it's also unmovable when minimized, which is

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-09-02 Thread Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Looks like revGLX2 status. Bob S On Sep 2, 2020, at 7:15 AM, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode mailto:use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>> wrote: Hi Bob, Goes to show how important user research is. For me personally, I want to get Navigator out of the way entirely when I minimize it. It's trivial to

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-09-02 Thread Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Hi Bob, Goes to show how important user research is. For me personally, I want to get Navigator out of the way entirely when I minimize it. It's trivial to have a preference to make it minimize in place. But also: I went to some length to have it avoid minimizing behind/on top of (don't remember

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-31 Thread Mike Kerner via use-livecode
The pb sucks. however, HACKTOERFEST IS COMING! Issue some PR's to fix the PB in Hacktober, get some swag... ___ use-livecode mailing list use-livecode@lists.runrev.com Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-31 Thread Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi Sean. I concur with Geoff. There were quite a while ago issues, but Geoff got on them and now I use Navigator all the time. The only thing I will say Geoff is that when I drag the window to a location, I would like it to remain there, even when minimized. It always reverts to a default

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-29 Thread Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Hey Sean, Late to the conversation because Navigator is a hobby, but: I've worked *really* hard to make drag-and-drop relayering work properly. I've implemented it almost from scratch something like five times over the years, each time because I reached a dead end with the previous method (or

RE: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-27 Thread Erik Beugelaar via use-livecode
cents in this difficult thread. -Original Message- From: use-livecode On Behalf Of JeeJeeStudio via use-livecode Sent: zaterdag 15 augustus 2020 17:03 To: Pi Digital via use-livecode Cc: JeeJeeStudio Subject: Re: Layers in PBrowser Maybe switch over in time to ReactNative and Node.js

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-15 Thread JeeJeeStudio via use-livecode
Maybe switch over in time to ReactNative and Node.js using JavaScript? I'm exploring these, cause it runs also on muliple platform, though there we're not as spoiled as with Livecode, but I guess most things are in your own hand then. First thing i see is the almost instantly change you get

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-15 Thread Pi Digital via use-livecode
I give up :( Sean > > >> On 15 Aug 2020, at 08:41, Pi Digital wrote: >> >> What make you say I will? iChat reason for I have to Trust what you say. >> There is NO WAY there have been no bugs in the software unless it’s perfect. >> The fact there is only 16 bugs listed under LCFM tells a

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-15 Thread Pi Digital via use-livecode
IChat I’m first line should have been ‘What’. Stupid autocorrect. Sean Cole Pi Digital Productions Ltd eMail Ts & Cs > On 15 Aug 2020, at 08:41, Pi Digital wrote: > > What make you say I will? iChat reason for I have to Trust what you say. > There is NO WAY there have been no bugs in the

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-15 Thread Pi Digital via use-livecode
What make you say I will? iChat reason for I have to Trust what you say. There is NO WAY there have been no bugs in the software unless it’s perfect. The fact there is only 16 bugs listed under LCFM tells a massive story that no one is effing using it. The forums are empty other than people on

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-14 Thread J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
On August 14, 2020 8:10:59 PM "Sean Cole \(Pi\) via use-livecode" wrote: Oh, just to summarize the issue: https://quality.livecode.com/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=lcfm I'd hardly call 16 bugs "abandonware". They've fixed far more than that. LCFM is important. I know you don't believe it, but

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-14 Thread Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode
Oh, just to summarize the issue: https://quality.livecode.com/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=lcfm If an object you wish to move between group layers is on the root of the card it is not a problem. As soon as all of those layers (groups and objects) get nested into a group, that's when things start

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-14 Thread Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode
Thanks Richard, Brian and Mark. Now that the rush is over I can breathe and try to work this out, again, to make it simple for even simpletons to understand! ;) It is, as said before, an issue that has been an issue for 6 years, gets poo-poo'd and ignored along with the plethora of other

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-14 Thread Mark Wieder via use-livecode
On 8/14/20 3:33 PM, Brian Milby via use-livecode wrote: If I can get a stack that demonstrates the issue, I would like to poke around and see if anything jumps out. If it is engine level, it is probably a bit out of my lane (although I have contributed a few lines of C++). If it is IDE I

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-14 Thread Brian Milby via use-livecode
Sean I really didn’t mean to imply the issue didn’t exist and was truly attempting to reproduce the environment as closely as possible to see the issue. I went as far as choosing the same object types and structure for the card as in the video including visibility. Is this a stack that

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-14 Thread Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Sean Cole wrote: Richard Watch my videos I posted using Dropbox. It’s madness. And it’s been CONFIRMED and NOT FIXED for a very long time There was more than one video, and several others also reported being unable to reproduce the issue, so my question for Tom was seeking clarity on

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-14 Thread Pi Digital via use-livecode
Richard Watch my videos I posted using Dropbox. It’s madness. And it’s been CONFIRMED and NOT FIXED for a very long time https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=18818 https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=19455 Probably FIXED but still marked as CONFIRMED

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-13 Thread Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Tom, I'm among the several here who have been unable to reproduce the original issue discussed here, at least as I understood it. Perhaps I misunderstand it. What is the recipe for the bug you're referring to? -- Richard Gaskin Fourth World Systems Tom Glod wote: Yikes.. I have a

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-13 Thread Tom Glod via use-livecode
Yikes.. I have a lot of time for LC but there is really no excuse that is acceptable for this kinda bug to be around for so long there were others that drove me nuts for years too...but have since been solved thank God. On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 7:53 AM David V Glasgow via use-livecode <

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-13 Thread David V Glasgow via use-livecode
> On 13 Aug 2020, at 4:16 am, Pi Digital via use-livecode > wrote: > > Why do I have the same discussion with you people Hi Sean, There are no ‘you people’, there is only us, including you. I can’t help you with your IDE problem, but I can see that others are trying hard to be helpful,

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Pi Digital via use-livecode
Brian I have no clue of what you are talking about here. Bewildered! Why do I have the same discussion with you people. It should be simple. It is not. This is not the way it should work just because it is the way it does work. It is impossible to put things where you want them in any simple

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Brian Milby via use-livecode
The reason I asked about version and OS is because I watched the video and attempted to replicate the behavior that was shown. I could not do so. I’ve now also tried on my Mac (9.6.0) and am unable to have it do what your video shows. I was always able to drag the control out of the

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode
Yep, Just more workarounds for something that should have been fixed and sorted 5 or 6 years ago when it was first brought to light and continually since. Stressed and tired. 4am nearly having worked solid 16hrs today. Up again in 4hrs to carry on. Sean On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 at 03:01, scott--- via

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread scott--- via use-livecode
When I need to move something between nested groups I often (after making a backup) cut what I want to move and then edit the group I want to move it to so that I can paste into it. I’m not suggesting this as something others should adopt, just pointing out that there seems to be a number of

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode
On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 22:16, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode < use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote: > That's just how it works. > 1. Except it doesn't work - even with refresh : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfv95iuatd4d4y5/AppOverFail2.mov?dl=0 2. How it works is wrong! Because it is

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Dr. Hawkins via use-livecode
sean sputtered, >But why does Project Browser STILL NOT WORK? The project browser is a form of penance for your sins. I find facing it somewhere between grabbing a boiling pan and puncturing an eardrum with an ice pick . . . I still don’t use it, and stick with the old stack browser . . .

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
As mentioned, you need to refresh the page view. Right-click the card content pane and choose Refresh. My other comment is probably wrong. You should be able to set the target group to the same layer as another group, and the target will assume the other group's layer, and the other group

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
That's just how it works. You need to move it out of the enclosing group (try setting it to layer 1,) then move it to its new position. Brian mentioned that. Alternately, look at relayer and relayerGroupedControls in the dictionary. On 8/12/20 3:58 PM, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode wrote:

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode
This is the results in AppOverview. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxr0xkp2ucv5082/AppOverFail.mov?dl=0 In this instance, it's got itself locked in but I cannot see what is preventing it from moving. Sean On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 21:58, Sean Cole (Pi) wrote: > Hi > > Tried that too. Unfortunately,

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode
Hi Tried that too. Unfortunately, if it has groups surrounding it and it itself is in a group it still effs the eff up! It either puts it into a group I didn't want it in or it chucks it out of one I do want it in. And, just because you don't use it doesn't mean no one else should!

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Double-click the control with the edit tool. Go to the Position pane. Type in the layer number. I don't use the Project Browser much. I have no issues with the Application Browser, except that it needs a manual refresh occasionally. Changing layers requires that. To manually refresh the card

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode
Watch the video, Brian! I'm on a Mac. I'm sure everything is fine and dandy on windoze and that it has zero bugs! Sean Cole *Pi Digital* On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 19:48, Brian Milby via use-livecode < use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote: > Which version of LC? I just did a brief test and it

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode
@Matthias Rebbe Were are just replacing issues with new issues. Just looked at the github for 'Navigator' only to see a heap of unresolved issues there too! https://github.com/gcanyon/navigator/issues This seriously sucks! Sean Cole *Pi Digital* On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 18:45, matthias rebbe

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Brian Milby via use-livecode
Which version of LC? I just did a brief test and it worked mostly as expected on 9.6/Win10. Only thing that I couldn’t do was move a button between 2 groups (it would drop into one). I had to move it above the group and then move the group. Sent from my iPhone > On Aug 12, 2020, at 2:45

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode
Thanks, But why does Project Browser STILL NOT WORK? NO MORE WORKAROUNDS! THIS IS CRAP!@ Sean Cole *Pi Digital * On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 18:45, matthias rebbe via use-livecode < use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote: > Sean, > > my answer will not solve your problems with the Project Browser...

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread matthias rebbe via use-livecode
Sean, my answer will not solve your problems with the Project Browser... but did you already try Geoff Canyons Navigator https://gcanyon.wixsite.com/navigator

Re: Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode
And when you are in a group editing mode, the layers in the Project Browser are messed up beyond use. HOW?? Why has this STILL not been fixed since v6 I'm just tired of asking. I'm stressed! Up against a deadline (Again). No budget to pay the ridiculous fees LC ask. And absolutely no way

Layers in PBrowser

2020-08-12 Thread Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode
Hi all, Why is this still an issue? I find it so hard putting layers in the right order. It just gets me down when I have fast turnaround jobs that are held up because of STUPID frikin issues like this. Over and over again https://www.dropbox.com/s/qakyg8bu8bdamhn/LayerControl.mov?dl=0 LC