-----Original Message-----
API Technology. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Nic
Ferrier
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 6:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: (New subscriber) "Busy Page"

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Endre_St=F8lsvik?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Paul Copeland wrote:
>

> | It is a common misunderstanding that Enterprise Java == EJB - that is
> | incorrect
>
> That is mostly correct, actually. At least it is such a -common-
> misunderstanding that talking about it otherwise is just plain
> non-interesting.
>
> J2EE is to most people when you use a Enterprise Bean Container, thus
> EJBs. Without that massive thing, you don't have -any- of the hassle that
> J2EE stands for. J2EE is when you use the full EAR-filetype.

I agree. This is what people "think it is" so it's what it is.

Whatever Sun's marketing people actually say.

Does anyone actually like ear's btw? Whenever I've built an ear it's
always been a giant pain. This is another symptom of Java's divorce
from the operating system.

Nic

of the message "signoff SERVLET-INTEREST".

Archives: http://archives.java.sun.com/archives/servlet-interest.html
Resources: http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/external-resources.html
LISTSERV Help: http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/user/user.html

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and is intended solely
for the use of the named addressee.
Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any
other person is not authorized.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the
e-mail to the originator.(A)