Chris,

...most likely you are not... I think I jump to 'CA == REPO ==
AS-Operator == ASN allocated' because lacking any direct data
otherwise it seems like a good estimation of numbers. Essentially each
ASN allocated is going to be a repository that needs to be gathered,
right? If there are 10% more repositories due to EndSite allocations
without an ASN also allocated to them I think it's still in the
ballpark to say "number of Repos == ASN allocation number".

I could be wrong.

So far the 1,300+ folks who have signed up for managed CA services have also
let the RIRs manage their pub points, which dramatically reduces the
number of repositories. That could change over time, e.g., if these
folks become unhappy with the repository management, but for now I think
it is reasonable to assume a much smaller number of repositories, which
is what Sriram and I did in our model.