Rishab Aiyer Ghosh [05/04/08 16:15 +0200]:
haha mea culpa. so let me modify the thread, then: what are the sort of
books you re-read?
the o'brians for sure, favorite louis l'amours when i have a very short
time (an hour or two, tops), favorite poems from ogden nash / archy and
mehitabel / the panorama anthology i've got lying around since high school
days .. or the usual park your brain at home stuff like Sidney Sheldon,
Harold Robbins etc)
when I have a little more time, depends on my mood. Light reading? Dickens
or Kipling (though both can be very somber and dark at times), or Walter
Scott (as great a humorist as any), occasional - very rare - replow through
War and Peace, or Dr.Zhivago (though I flip through that one, or go
straight to the poems at the end <- find an edition that has the poems,
they're a great read), and if I am in a particularly ugly mood, something
like Wuthering Heights. There's something about that book that makes me
feel like I'm watching a particularly repulsive spider. I pick it up, throw
it away, pick it back up again etc etc.
I've got a boringly conventional though eclectic taste - I rarely if ever
pick up new authors. Keep going back to my old favorites all the time.
suresh