On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
sankarshan.mukhopadh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kindle/Kindle_app/Flipkart_app/e-book_reader_app are somewhat
> irrelevant for me when it comes to reading books in the local
> languages. There is a tremendous lack of books and, this makes the
> usage of the devices a bit limited for me (even though I am staggering
> under a load of books and, lack of bookshelf space)

We are slowly seeing the top rung Indian publishers moving into
e-publishing, to protect their market in the digital space. The smaller
publishers are taking their own sweet time in this regard. FYI, I will be
moderating a session on e-publishing at the World Book Fair in New Delhi on
the 16th of Feb.

At the Publishing Next conference held in Goa last year, the most advanced
e-publisher I came across was someone who was publishing Marathi books in a
non-Unicode font. I did not know whether to laugh or cry!

Venky