I agree with Thaths unsurprisingly. Debbie and I use one of the simple
timer/tracker apps (insight timer) and it's working well for us, but
anything that gets you into a regular practice is good.

I wish I had a way to tell the app "add <increment of time> to the duration
every <so often>" like "10 seconds per day" or "one minute per week."

Just sit!

-- Charles