So do I!  My immediate reaction when I see that sort of getup is to
check whether my wallet is still in my pants pocket.

        --srs

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:11 AM +0530, "Deepa Mohan" <mohande...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Enjoyed this account very much!

I find that I unconsciously judge people on the basis of things like
prominent streaks of vibhuti or sandal paste, astrologically significant
rings, flowing matted locks, and other external accoutrements. I  find that
this is my mental conditioning due to the "dressing up" of many
quackreligious people...but since I should not judge thus, I am schooling
myself not to do so.

Still, it is hard to not to equate things like large quantities of
rudraksha malas with the kind of people who are right now providing
amazingly entertaining videos while sitting, smiling beatifically, on
silver thrones, with silver sceptres in their hands...

Cheeni is, in many ways, my guru. There is not a single conversation with
him which does not lead me to re-examine many of my ideas and beliefs...and
sometimes see that I am as ignorant, or prejudiced as those whom I hold to
be so.  He allows me to throw light into my own mind...and to me, that is
what a guru is.

Deepa.