Mark Siepak wrote:
My beef is with people - like Ode - who believe they have some kind of
Right to force their medical beliefs and opinions *and* *practices* on
me and my family and friends - and anyone else who claims the Right to
own their own life and body.

Well, now, aren't you forcing YOUR "medical beliefs and opinions *and*
*practices*" on ME when you refuse to be vaccinated against communicable
diseases like smallpox or polio? After all, I DO think vaccinations
work, and even if the rate of bad reactions was 10% (more like one and a
half percent), I think it is worth maybe 10,000 with bad reactions, to
avoid having pandemics kill millions every 15-30 years. Of course, if my
child were one with the bad reaction, I would probably want to blame
someone.....
Somehow this makes no sense to me. You say that you believe vaccinations work, and that someone choosing to not take them is forcing their beliefs and opinions on you when they refuse to be vaccinated. That is like saying that someone is forcing their religion on you if they go to Church (or not). What are you talking about? How does what one chooses to do with their body force anything on you? Are you saying it is because you may catch something from them? If so, then that is contrary to you saying that you believe vaccinations work,, unless you are saying that you want everyone else to be vaccinated but you. Can you restate this in a way that is logical?

Marshall