A few years ago I got cut by a rusty piece of metal and researched whether to get a tetanus shot or not. I found that the probably of dieing from the vaccination was something like 10 times as great as dieing from tetanus, so along with knowing that CS would kill tetanus in a heartbeat, I told the doctor, thanks, but no thanks.

Marshall

Clayton Family wrote:
it is the same vac as the chicken pox vac. They have been working on that one for decades. It is bad news when the pharmaceutical companies are writing text books and educating our doctors.

Like with everything, there is a risk/benefit ratio in play with vaccines. IE: my grandmother's cousin died from lockjaw as a child- tetanus- a truly horrible death that used to happen with some frequency. I remember them talking about it with very quiet voices; then admonishing me to be grateful that I was not at risk for such a thing because the heroic doctors of the era had invented vaccines against it.

Now it is different, the vacs are made differently, much more complex, and the sheer number Big Pharma pushes is beyond belief. It is as if they are suffering from a disconnect with the rational side of medicine. Of course this gets into the politics of it all, which has nothing to do with medicine, health or the good of the country as a whole.

Kathryn