From: mborg...@att.net <mborg...@att.net>
Subject: Re: CS>Help needed for lady with MS who suffered a stroke 5 months ago
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009, 2:31 PM

Hanneke,
I have not had a stroke but a severe brain injury where the left side of my
scalp came off.  What followed, I was told, is what happens when one has a
stroke.
PLEASE, If i do not have my sentence structure right or the words are wrong
PLEASE do not call me iodiotic,stupid,dumb,ignorant, as dave nave  emailed this
week.  I do not understand how people get away with calling people names.  But
I must rise about him.

Accident 94, I could not read,write,talk walk,without falling, use my
hands,watch tv or listen to radio or be under flour lites, no noise of anykind
etc.  I actually lived in my closet.
I had 100 docs they all wanted to put me where your friend is or a mental
institution for I would not take any drugs.
You are right FRUSTRATION is major but docs have no box for that word so they
labeled you clinical depression.
First what helped me walk was crawling.. and crawling, to the point of crying,
Second.. doing childrens puzzles. point is using  left and right hand brain,
putting square peg in square hole,, not easy to do.
third  tying anything left and right hand.
fourth being in the sun without sunglasses or any glasses. because the sun
needs to get into the brain to heal..only way.. eyes open no glasses early in
the morning or late at nite.  about 20 min a day.  No sun.. don't worry the uv
rays penatrate you anyway.
Fifth, this is big  No flour lites at any time, no color anywhere, no clutter
anywhere, no noise.  the brain cannot filter any of these items.
Anyway this is all I can email for now, my brain to shutting down.
I began to read books, this year, computer could only use 15 min a day because
I saw quadruple of everything and the computer needs a filter my color was blue
in front of computer.
If she could get on a computer.. this would be a life saver but she cannot look
at the screen because of the thousands of lites??? the brain cannot filter
these so use a gel filter, have to keep trying which one is ok for her
If you need more information let me know and I will give it to you.
Tell her when she cries, she is crying for the person who died.... her.  When I
found this out it made sense why I cried.  I did die that day..twice, but my ME
died also but I am slowly making my way back..
I am 66 yrs old.
Mary