I am surprised at you, Dee, using tap water from all the contaminants I've
read about recently being in tap water (pharmaceutical drug residue,
fluoride, chlorine, chromium, lead, and about 140 other contaminants).  I
make my CS with distilled water as requested by the manufacturer of the CSW
machines I use.  Have you had your tap water tested?  Yuk.  I won't ever
drink tap water and won't let my animals drink it, either.  I draw my
drinking and cooking water from a deep underground spring a few miles down
my country road and store it in gallon glass jugs.  It's very deep in the
ground and very pure.  On a 90 degree F day it's 40 degrees F.  I haven't
had a glass of tap water in 15 - 20 years. And it'll be a cold day in hell
before I ever drink tap water or use it to make CSW.

John