While this is diabetes related it might also help your friends problem.

-          Steve N

http://www.naturalnews.com/027920_pycnogenol_diabetes.html

"Dr. Robert Steigerwalt, one of the lead researchers of the study,
confirmed that not only does pine bark extract halt the progression of
diabetic retinopathy, it can cause it to regress by sealing the leaky
blood vessels in the eye that lead to the disease. Such results were
witnessed in as little as two months. He also noted that diabetics in
the early stages of the disease can prevent such complications from ever
occurring by supplementing with pine bark extract."

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Dianne France