To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 3:48 AM
Subject: CS>Plantar fascitis

 There is a book called Pain Free that has various
poses/exercises/stretches for pain in different body locations. Plantar
fascitis is specifically addressed. It helped my partner overcome
several years of severe pain (and significant disability) from this
condition, which nothing had helped up to that point. This set of
exercises work to realign everything in the body mechanics, the muscles,
ligaments, tendons, nerves, bone structure, etc. Often the actual place
of immediate pain, once relieved through the exercises, lets one begin
to notice other alignment problem areas that actually had been either
causing or reacting to the first area of pain. My partner is now working
on his hips and shoulders, after having successfully addressed his
plantar fascitis and then some misalignment issues with his knees. It
takes a commitment of time, daily, but the improvement is amazing. Using
this system, originally to address an achilles tear, and the bad knee
that followed (from walking improperly from the heel problem), then hips
and shoulders, I've recovered a flexibility I had over twenty years ago.
I hadn't even realized how much I had lost till I ran into significant
problems I couldn't ignore any longer. This system is well worth looking
into. Initially I got the "Pain Free" book through the library. Soon
realized how important it was for me, and bought me own copy, and soon a
designated copy for my partner as well. I think every home needs one of
these books. The author - Pete Ergoscue (sp?) used/developed this system
to heal himself from extreme damage. He's written many books, including
specialty ones for people who do a lot of time at a computer, one for
women, one for sports folks, etc. But I like the Pain Free one best
because it tells you where to start for a specific kind/area of pain. He
also has a website you can google for where there all kinds of things to
buy - including dvds and such or personalized prescriptive exercise sets
(after sending them photos/videos to work with). I haven't been much
interested in all of those - the simple book works for me. Check it out.
Sara