Hi, Alan.  But it would take a ton of cs, I imagine.

Yes, chlorine is and it is hard on your liner, your skin, hair and eyes.
It's killing power is also
affected by activity in the pool as well as heat.  And you have to shock it
regularly.

We sold Baquacil which is hydrogen peroxide based.  It isn't affected by
heat or activity.  You adjust your
pool's balance (alkalinity etc.) then optimize addition of bacquacil and,
after 10 days or so, (levels will
drop gradually), you just top it off again.  Much kinder to liner, skin,
hair, etc.  It can have a tendency
to foam a little and you can't have any metal in the pool.  Baquacil fights
the metal as if it were
bacteria so it uses up the baquacil prematurely.

The very best thing you can do for housekeeping a pool is to keep your
filter running and change your
sand (if it is a sand filter) regularly... maybe once every season (depends
on size of pool and how much
traffic) and scrub the liner every week.  But I have heard good things
about ozonating systems.

I used to think I would love to have a pool until we got into the
business..lol.. I wouldn't have one now
if you paid me and I am careful now about who's pool I swim in.   Lola H.