On 10/04/2014 03:06 PM, Alan Faulkner wrote:
So are you saying that you simply keep the buffer
solution in a bottle and open it to check/calibrate the
meter periodically or before using?

I think it last a a long time, in sealed, glass storage. But I usually pour a little into a shot glass, check the meter and discard it, to keep from accumulating any contamination that might make the readings drift. It takes only about a tablespoon of buffer, for each check, this way.

I also rinse the meter tip off, in distilled water,
before capping it, when I'm done with it. My pen has lasted over a decade, with only one battery change.

--
Regards,

John Popelish