Dolomite is calcium magnesium carbonate. It contains approximately the correct ratio of calcium to magnesium that a human body needs. Back in the 70's it was touted as being the perfect calcium/magnesium supplement, and I took it for years. Sine then though it has been determined that it is not well absorbed by the body, and even worse may contain a number of toxic elements, primarily heavy metals such as lead.

For more information see http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/dolomite-nutritional-supplement

Marshall