Splenda, aka sucralose, is chlorinated sucrose, or cane/beet sugar.

I think the jury is still out on it.  Adkins recommends it, and it does not
appear to be a neurotoxin like nutrasweet is.  It has been around a long
time, but only became popular recently.

Looking at the first link you have below, I do have a few comments.  First
the comparison with pesticides makes no sense.  If that were a valid
comparison then table salt would also qualify as being chlorinated and
related.  This is the same type of comparison that is made between EIS and
silver compounds.

>From the list of reactions, it appears that most could be a common allergy
type of reaction.  You will always find some people allergic to almost
anything, so this is not particularly surprising.  What seems to be missing
from the list is long term problems, problems that don't go away after
removal of the substance from the diet, like nutrasweet has, IE. tumors,
CFS, degenerative nerve disorders such as MS, death.

It may well be somewhat harmful to the average person, but compared to
nutrasweet, I don't even think it is close.

Marshall