Ode Coyote wrote:

> There's a difference between bodies having signals that can be measured with
> direct contact and signals being emmitted from them.
> No one disputes galvanic skin response or that live cells communicate
> electrically.
> Obviously, EEG machines work.
>
> One unrelated subject does not prove a another, though it may sometimes open
> an inquiry of relationships which might point to similarities.
>
> What happens when a lie detector is hooked up to a glass of oil or water?
> Then you threaten drinking it or pouring it down the drain?
> or place a crystal in it.
>
> ode

>From the tests I ran, and was privy to, water did not give any response, and
>oil is non-conductive so testing it would not have been worth the time.  There
>were only two things that were found to respond to the death of the shrimp at
>the time I last spoke with Cleve.  The leaves of plants,
and a semiconductive rubber sheet that is made for putting on the shoes of
surgeons to keep down static electricity.  Back in 1970 Cleve was thinking of
making a detection instrument that used the rubber instead of the leaves, but I
never heard any followup on that.

However the plant does respond if you pour hot water down the drain, or if you
stir up a package of yogurt that has fruit in the bottom.

Marshall