Wayne Fugitt wrote:

> Evening David,
>
> >Plants can change their resistance but emit no energy. Don't get your
> >terms mixed up. The plant had a variable resistance, NOT a transmission of
> >energy at a certain frequency.
>
>     Plants have fever,  like humans.   Temperatures change.  Typically,
> resistance must change with temperature changes.   A number of years back,
> you could buy an instrument for checking the temperature of plants without
> physical contact.  In the hands of a skilled operator, one could tell if
> the plant had problems or it was performing its daily tasks without
> difficulty.
>
>     Also plants, when feeding are moving nutrients around.   At times they
> take up water and virtually no nutrients.   Depends on what mood they are in.
>
>     Logically, this would account for resistance changes.

The change is too fast for it to be from movement of nutrients and water.  One
two seconds is all it takes.  Also, that would not account for the response when
you are going to water the plant, BEFORE GIVING IT THE WATER!

> I would think this would vary from 100% sunlight to 25 % sunlight due to
> changes in transpiration.
>
>     Does the lie detector use two electrodes?  Seems it would have to.

Yes, it takes two electrodes. I made mine from two metal guitar picks.

Marshall