Somewhere on some forum long ago, someone knowledgable in medical air
supplies and human lungs told me that it would be better to use an oilless
compressor with no filter at all rather than to use a filter which might put
particulate matter from the back side of the filter into one's lungs. I took
that advice and have had no problems BUT>>>

Here's some things I've repeatedly said-

Don't use an old compressor for this, use a new oilless one and dedicate it
to only this so it doesn't wear badly.

Never use an unfiltered oil-bath compressor.

As far as filters go that are available to the general public, I, if I
needed to, would use a plasma cutter filter. Plasma cutter tips will self
destruct from the least bit of air contamination. Practically nothing gets
through those filters.

If you were to use a plasma cutter filter, you would probably get
considerably more contamination from a common nebulizer than you would from
an air compressor.

DB

>List,
Anyone thinking of using an industrial/hobby type compressor for medical
use, MUST, repeat MUST use an air dryer in the line in the line before the
nebuliser.
They dryer removes 99.99% of moisture and oil which will be in a super fine
mist in the compressed air.
I believe that Cummins engines do make an automotive type compressed air
dryer, to remove the nasties, as in cold climates, any moisture in the air
brake system will freeze and cause loss of air.
My 2 cents worth
John in Australia<