Everything in the universe is absolutely connected.
"People" as personalities can only exist and be self aware as some degree of denial of that connection.
Ego is the moderator and director of denial. It is a neccessary tool used to exist as 'not everyone, everything, everywhere, all at once, all the time'
It 'claims' specific powers by denying absolute all inclusive power.
There are as many quirks and configurations of denial patterns as there are people.
It's what makes each person unique and makes 'people' possible.

Dowsing and any connectivity related activity requires a 'not doing'...a sort of not caring and non involvement.
Since psychics and healers are usually VERY involved with themselves and those close to them, their abilities won't work there.
You may be able to dowse a strangers well but not your own.
Most psychics can tell you all about you and nothing about themselves. Their lives and relationships are usually a real mess.
Back when I used to do healing work, I always felt like meddler. I quit. [for the most part] You have a right to your drama.

Psychics, dowsers and healers just have a sort of egoic 'leakyness' in their personality configurations. It's generally a very specific hole in the denial defense mechanism that keeps the entire perceptual universe from collapsing into perfection realized. [Perfection is not very exciting. "Life" and where life happens, as we see it and think we know it, is an amazement park...a constructed adventure.]

Ego says that anything that can be done requires effort...a 'doing'
The reality is that everything is already done and no effort is required.
Everything that is, was and ever will be, already exists as a perfect and complete chaos...in other words, absolute order. [Each viewpoint completely envelopes the other]
The function of the senses is to pick patterns out of that chaos and deny all that doesn't fit the pattern.
The fact is that perception itself is something that is being "done" and requires enormous constant effort..seeing 'what is' by eliminating all else from perception that 'also is' by placing it somewhere other than an all inclusive 'here' and holding it there.
There is no there...only places 'seen as' other than here by a sensory apperatus designed specifically to do that.

The "mind" is nonlocal and exists everywhere. It is not in the brain.
The brain is a mind regulator, like a valve or tuned radio.
..a radio is working well when it 'tunes out' signals.
The ego is that which turns the dial to keep the radio tuned.
A strong ego is like a PLL circuit [Phase Locked Loop] that automatically keeps todays FM radios from drifting off signal.
A very strong ego makes the world look binary...and very very 'real'.

You could look at brain waves as inductance effects or harmonic opposite phase cancellation signals.
A telepath doesn't "transmit" anything anywhere. It's already everywhere.

All boxes are self constructed 'constructs' used to define your personal reality and the current version of self that lives inside it.
Get it?

PS I know a few people that live concurrent lives on different planets. ["This" universe? Who knows? Irrelevant] They can maintain distinctions between them...control the "cross talk"... and operate with sanity. They have never told ANYONE but me.
The stories are facinating and detailed.
They tend towards being hermits and live very simple lives, mostly way far out in the forest.
One such person was wanting some way to never come in and still support herself. She should write.
...too private. Perhaps writing it down would make it all seem a bit TOO real?

Ode