Thank ya, Faith! It was quite simple to get it open, and I was surprised at the volume of water it contained!

My old girl had her first coconut water treatment today. I'll keep the list updated on our findings.

-Raine, with Chino the one-eyed wonder dog

Faith Saint Francis wrote:

Chop off the "head" (where it hangs from the tree) with a SHARP anything (axe, machete, good knife). Cut away that hairy buss you'll find. The hard core has three "eyes" on top. One of these is soft. Pinch it, so to make a small opening. Pour out the water in a glass .. presto.
(Ifyaneverdunnit, thennits quite a job!)
The nut you can "crack" by bouncing it hard against the wall or the floor.
The white flesh on the inside of the nut is a delicacy.
Wishyaluck!
Faith