marmar...@aol.com wrote:

*In a message dated 4/22/05 2:04:58 AM Central Daylight Time, rainelov...@sbcglobal.net writes:

*

Is this normal? Should I have taken it off the light at some point, rather than heating the whole time? Is this batch safe? If so, will it be effective? What can I do to produce a better batch next time?

*
Since I was one of those who responded to your first post, I guess I'll reply to this although there are people on this list way more knowledgeable than I. The batch is certainly safe, especially if the colloid is clear. If you're uncertain about it, use it for purposes other than consumption. The only way that you're going to know what you're producing ppm-wise, with the rudimentary generator that you're using, is to purchase a Hanna Tester. With that instrument, you can test the colloid at various points during the brewing process to determine where you are. Eight ounces is rather a small amount to be working with -- I prefer sixteen ounces, a Mason jar is perfect -- and it would be easy to lose control of a batch this size. Colloidal Silver starts off very slowly and then picks up speed as it brews. Also, do you know how good the quality is of the distilled water that you're using?
*

Raine: Sadly, I'm completely ignorant on the qulaity of the distilled water I'm using. Is there a specific brand, that's tested well, which I can rely on?

* A Hanna Tester would allow you to check that before brewing. I know that many people use heat to speed up the brewing process, but I'm unconvinced that that's a wise thing to do.
*

Raine: My intent wasn't to speed up the process, though that's what seems to have happened. I was simply interested in stirring.

* Making a quality colloid is a slow process. What's the rush? Another thought -- how far apart are your silver bars? Wait a minute -- you're using coins, aren't you? I don't know what the effective parameters are for that. Is there any reason why you can't use silver bars? They aren't very expensive and would seem to be a little more user-friendly as far as placement. *

Raine: I do have silver bars. So there's a possibility that the spacing is incorrect? Please advise.

*There's nothing wrong with using a battery-operated unit, lots of people do -- but if you can afford to buy a generator, it sure would make life easier for you. Synergenesis sells a unit called Colloid Master that is a hundred dollars or less, let's you set the dial for the ppm-level that you want, and shuts itself off automatically when the colloid has reached that ppm-level. They also sell the Hanna Tester for around fifty bucks. FWIW. MA*

Raine: I'd love nothing more than to have $100+ to spend on a good unit instead of this cheapie thing I have, but alas that's not the case. So I've gotta learn how to make this work the best it can for our needs. Fortunately I have the knowedge of y'all to draw on.

For tha, I am very grateful!

-Raine