From: ruth strackbein [mailto:ruthstrackb...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 3:32 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>CS & Crohn's Disease?

Hi, I don't think I have Crohn's Disease, but have been diagnosed with
IBS and right now I seem to be haveing a problem with inflammation in
there as well.  My M.D. is suggesting a similar surgery to me .  I have
adhesions from 3 surgeries in the right side of my abdomen.  I feel sure
much of the present trouble is due to these.  The right side of my ab
feels just fine.
All the tightness and tenderness is in the right side.  My feeling about
surgury is that it will just make more adhesions, and the surguries will
have to be done possibly over and over again at ever shortening
intervals.
I am attempting to treat my problem with natural alternative therapies.
Am not presently having much success.  My bowel problems are since
childhood and I am 78 years old.  I have gotten rid of all junk food ,
followed a celiac diet for about 3 years now, a strict one, so the
battle isn't to be won overnight.  I am in process of trying to choose a
cs making system.  I hope this young man will be allowed to try
alternative therapies.  Ruth