Samantha Atkins wrote:
Richard Loosemore wrote:
John K Clark wrote:
And I will define consciousness just as soon as you define "define".

Ah, but that is exactly my approach.

Thus, the subtitle I gave to my 2006 conference paper was "Explaining Consciousness by Explaining That You Cannot Explain it, Because Your Explanation Mechanism is Getting Zapped".

Great title. Couldn't google it though. Is it perchance available online or in a conference proceedings I perhaps subscribe to?

No, I am writing it up into a full length publication right now. I will send a link as soon as it is done.

It was a poster, alas, because I missed their almost-nonexistent call for papers (grump grump).

Richard Loosemore