Hi Lonnie,

If you are not used to them, I tend to shy away from 1U chassis as it
means the fans have to work in tight space resulting in back to back
high RPM fans generating a lot of noise. Of course in a data center you
usually pay per U and noise is not a factor.

More space also allows for air to move a bit easier and thus easier to
keep cool. In addition, I often remove half the fans (3 out of 6) when
it is a location where noise is more annoying. I have a script I write
which continuously monitors the CPU temperature, RPM on fans and disk
integrity. If all is OK I get a daily message. If the temp starts to go
high I send myself a warning, and if it goes too high it does a poweroff
after sending an email.

--
Steve