You can switch off “copy items to the photos library” and it’ll keep the
masters wherever they’re initially stored, on a network should be fine (but
slow) but I’d say Lightroom will be better as it’s used to storing images in
multiple places.

Regards

Sam

MacAmbulance Ltd.
Providing Affordable Mac/PC Support and Web Development

Sam Mullen
+44 (0)7747778022 <tel://+447747778022>
i...@macambulance.co.uk <mailto:i...@macambulance.co.uk>
www.macambulance.co.uk <http://www.macambulance.co.uk/>
MacAmbulance Ltd. is a registered company in England & Wales, registration
number 8466597

This email is intended solely for the addressed recipients and may contain
privileged or confidential information.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete
the email immediately.