Photos works very well for me, but Lightroom it's definitely not.

I'd call myself an amateur enthusiast in he photo department but I found that
although I used Aperture through three versions, I don't feel I've lost a lot
through switching to Photos. I'm aware that there is a huge loss of
functionality in comparison, but for me, in the areas that actually matter, I
barely notice.

The main thing for me is that despite being very organised, I rarely managed to
run a search in Aperture that found the photos I expected to find. Photos finds
everything all the time and even turns up ones I didn't expect. Its editing
tools will only improve over time and there are some handy extensions such as
Pixelmator.

Photos supports multiple libraries and images stored outside its own library,
but not to the level that Aperture did, nor Lightroom either I expect.

This is MY experience and you may have very different requirements, but I'm
very pleased with it.

Cheers,

Stephen

You meet your destiny on the road you take to avoid it. ~ Carl Jung