Do you have Photos running on a Mac? If so, that is the place to enter all the
details about a Photo - name, title, description, location and keywords.

The bizarre thing is that an iPad can show this information, use it to locate
photos, sort by date and show photos on a map but NONE of this can be done
anywhere except Photos for macOS! I’ve written to Apple twice now (even though
I have Photos on macOS) because I think that for those that have an iPad as
their primary computer, this is really stupid. Hopefully an update at some
point may resolve this.

Discussing Ang Lee's film 'Taking Woodstock': "But the biggest obstacle was
finding convincing extras - actors without over-toned bodies and with pubic
hair ... "That encapsulates the difference of 40 years right there," said
writer and producer James Schamus.

> On 13 Oct 2016, at 10:41, Virginia Routh <> wrote:
> I like the new Photo app but I have little experience.  I have found that
> using the Apple pen I can write on photos who/where they are but this has got
> me thinking that rather than writing on the photo it would be better to type
> underneath it.  Is there a way of doing this?  Or, using the pen, writing
> beside or underneath a photo?
> On 12 Oct 2016, at 22:25, Stephen Watson <
> <>> wrote:
>> Photos works very well for me, but Lightroom it's definitely not.
>> I'd call myself an amateur enthusiast in he photo department but I found
>> that although I used Aperture through three versions, I don't feel I've lost
>> a lot through switching to Photos. I'm aware that there is a huge loss of
>> functionality in comparison, but for me, in the areas that actually matter,
>> I barely notice.
>> The main thing for me is that despite being very organised, I rarely managed
>> to run a search in Aperture that found the photos I expected to find. Photos
>> finds everything all the time and even turns up ones I didn't expect. Its
>> editing tools will only improve over time and there are some handy
>> extensions such as Pixelmator.
>> Photos supports multiple libraries and images stored outside its own
>> library, but not to the level that Aperture did, nor Lightroom either I
>> expect.
>> This is MY experience and you may have very different requirements, but I'm
>> very pleased with it.
>> Cheers,
>> Stephen
>> You meet your destiny on the road you take to avoid it. ~ Carl Jung
>> On 12 Oct 2016, at 17:19, Toby Leighton <
>> <>> wrote:
>>> Whats iPhoto (or rather photos) like these days?
>>> I have lots of pictures from various cameras and phones in total disarray
>>> going back many years and I'm getting a new laptop soon, so want to finally
>>> sort them out.
>>> Ideally I'll be keeping the masters, or the whole thing on a windows shared
>>> network folder, which I know iphoto in the past would have hated.
>>> Is the modern photos app any good or should I ignore it and go for
>>> something like Lightroom?
>>> I don't require any cloudiness and don't want to pay a monthly fee.

To post to this group, send an email to
Visit this group at
For more options, visit